Tuesday, 20 March 2012

My Skincare Routine

I have pretty oily and spotprone skin so finding the right skincare routine is pretty damn important. For ages I would use Clearasil Ultra pads alternating with Witch Foaming Gel Wash which as ok but never gave me clear skin.

Step in The Body Shop; these little beauties have completely cleared my skin. I can now go for days without getting a single spot and when I do get spots its one not ten.

R to L Teatree Skin Clearing Facial Wash; Teatree Blemish Clearing Toner; Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion; Good Skin Instant Lightening Eye Cream (not Body Shop)



Cleanse

 Teatree Skin Clearing Facial Wash £4.50 for 250ml

I use this twice a day, applying a pea size amount to a Boots Botanics Facial Brush.



Tone

Teatree Blemish Clearing Toner £4.50 for 250ml

 I use this twice a day after cleansing, just very easy; pop it on a cotton pad and go. It just feels lovely and refreshing and I just love the smell of teatree.

And Finally Moisturise


Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF 15 £10 for 50ml



£10 for a moisturiser sounds like a lot of money to me but I just use a tiny amount on my cheeks so hopefully it'll last a long time!




Good Skin Instant Lightening Eye Cream £11.95 for 15ml on www.cheapsmells.com
(if you haven't been there go check it out!)

This is the only non Body Shop item in my day to day routine and also the only item that I would consider non essential. I use a tiny amount around my eyes and while it does a very good job of keeping my eye area hydrated I'm not very convinced on its claims to fade dark circles or reduce puffiness.


So there you have it, my day to day skincare routine. There are also other products that I use from time to time which I'm sure I'll share eventually but these are my staples and the products I credit with turning my blemished skin clear!

What do you use on you skin?

8 comments:

  1. I'm going to try the facial wash next time. I have oily skin too! Very reasonable price x

    Cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on! Its the only thing thats ever worked for me x

      Delete
  2. I just use Good Works facial wash and wee bit of moisturiser That's good enough for me! :)

    thanks for the comments on my blog!
    Le Material Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I really enjoy reading it. I've not heard of Good Works, will have to check them out!

      Delete
  3. I used to have oily skin when I was younger I still do to a degree I think one benefit of oily skin is you don't age too badly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. seems like the TBS products are great. i love them :) I always use nivea facial products. they're so soft and gentle to my skin!
    really nice blog you have here, dear :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Just seen Nivea's on 3 for 2 at Boots so I'll be popping in there tomorrow! x

      Delete