Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Oat and Raisin Biscuits







I love baking and don't get to do it as often as I like because there has to be someone else to do the oven (unsteady girl and oven = disaster!) so when I finally got the chance to try out this book which I got for Christmas I was an extremely happy girl.

These are very crumbly and yummy and its also a very forgiving recipe. I fainted in the middle of adding the oats so theres about 3 times too much in the ones I made and they still turned out great!

Recipe from the Great British Bake Off: How to Bake

125g Unsalted butter, softened
150g Light Brown muscovado sugar
1 large free range egg (room temperature)
1 tablespoon full fat/ semi skimmed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g self raising flour
75g raisins
150g porrige oats

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy in texture. In another bowl beat the egg with the milk and vanilla until just combined, then beat into the butter mixture. Add the flour, raisins and oats to the bowl and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.

Put heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto greased baking sheets; spacing well apart to allow fro spreading. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned around the edges.

Remove from oven and leave the biscuits to cool and firm up on the sheets for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.



On a completely unrelated topic I'm planning to go and take advantage of Boots 3for 2 on Cosmetics on Friday any hints on what I should get?

No comments:

Post a Comment